Other dependent students - Student Allowance definition
This provides the Student Allowance definition for other dependent students.
For the parents of a student applying for a Student Allowance, another dependent student is someone:
- who is attending a full-time course at a tertiary provider or a secondary school, and
- who is not studying overseas unless they are undertaking a recognised exchange programme, and
- who is not younger than 16 on the 31st December in the year prior to the Student Allowance application and who is not older than 23 on 1 January in the year of the application, and
- who has not been awarded an Independent Circumstances Allowance, and
- for whom the parent(s) don't get a Work and Income Orphans or Unsupported Childs Benefit, and
- who receives financial support from you.
Last updated: 13 June 2011