Changes to Student Loans and Allowances that you need to know about NOW!
23 September 2010
Find out more about changes to Student Loans and Student Allowances from 2011
The Student Loan changes are:
- A performance measure is being introduced for Student Loans.
- A 7 EFTS lifetime limit for Student Loans will be introduced.
- The Student Loan administration fee will be renamed the establishment fee and increased to $60.
- The introduction of a $40 administration fee which will be administered by Inland Revenue.
- Permanent residents and Australian citizens will have a two year stand-down before they are eligible to Student Loans.
The Student Allowance changes are:
- A 92 week limit will be introduced for secondary school study.
- Students will no longer be able to receive Student Allowance and New Zealand Superannuation or Veterans Pension at the same time.
- Adjustments to residency criteria to bring Student Allowance in line with Student Loans.
Last updated: 06 July 2011