Change in your circumstances
You must let us know if you have any changes to your, your parent/s, or your partner's, circumstances as it could affect your eligibility or entitlements.
On this page:
MyStudyLink is the simplest way to tell us about change if you receive the Student Allowance or a Student Loan. It is an online tool that allows you to:
- check out what financial assistance you may be able to get
- apply for your student finances
- check your Student Allowance and Student Loan application status
- view and update your personal details
- change the amount of your living cost payments
- apply for your course-related costs
- view details of your next payment and previous transactions
- view your mail online.
What you must tell us
You must tell us about any changes - this could include (but is not limited to):
- you withdraw from a course, drop a paper, or change your course
- you are under 24 and your parents' income has gone down significantly since the last financial year
- your (or your partner's) income changes in any week (you need to let us know by the Friday of the week you earn it)
- your (or your partner's) personal details change (for example, name, address or bank account)
- your living situation changes (for example, if you start or stop living with your parents or you start or stop a relationship)
- you (or your partner) go overseas
- any children leave or enter your care
- you start or stop receiving any assistance from Work and Income or any other government agency.
If something has changed, and you are not sure whether we need to know, contact us.
Why it's important to tell us about your changes
You must tell us about your changes so:
- you get paid the correct amount
- you don't get overpaid, which would mean you'd have to pay the money back
- we can stay in touch.