The RealMe® service allows you to use the same login across other agencies that are part of the RealMe programme, and saves you from having to remember multiple usernames and passwords. If you have a igovt username and password, you can use this to login to RealMe. You do not need to create a RealMe login.
On this page:
What is RealMe
The RealMe service lets people prove who they are and more easily access services online. It will give you a secure online way to provide your identity to an organisation, such as a bank, insurance company or government agency.
There are two parts to the RealMe Service, one is a RealMe login, and the other is a verified RealMe account. StudyLink will be using RealMe logins.
Note: If you have a igovt username and password, you can use this to login to RealMe. You do not need to create a RealMe login.
A RealMe login is a service that allows you to use the same login details to access government service providers securely via the internet through the use of a username and password.
There will be no changes to the way students verify their identity with StudyLink and no requirement for students to verify their accounts under the RealMe service.
The RealMe service will be as secure as the igovt logon service and it will continue to protect your privacy.
The RealMe service is managed by the Department of Internal Affairs. For more information about the RealMe service visit:
Using your igovt logon to access RealMe
The igovt logon service is becoming part of the RealMe service. This means you will login to MyStudyLink and Apply online using the RealMe login.
If you have an igovt username and password you can continue to use this to login. You do not need to create a new RealMe login.
Your igovt logon is linked to your StudyLink account, if you create a RealMe login you will no longer be able to access StudyLink's online services. If you can't remember your igovt logon, you can reset your details yourself online. Please call us before creating a new login.
If you forget your igovt or RealMe username and password
If you have forgotten your igovt or RealMe username and/or password, you need to use the RealMe login service to reset these.
- If you have forgotten your username you can click the ‘Forgot my username’ link on the RealMe login page and enter your email address to have your username emailed to you. You must enter the email address that you used when you created your login details.
- If you have forgotten your password you can click the ‘Forgot my password’ link on the RealMe login page and you will need to answer two of the security questions you previously set up. A temporary password will then be emailed to you.
You can also access the 'forgot' links through the Manage my RealMe link below.
Updating your igovt or RealMe details
Using the RealMe service you can manage/update your login details. This includes your username, password and security questions.
You can use the RealMe website to:
- Change your password - enter your current password, then enter and confirm your new password.
- Change your username - enter an alternative username.
- Change your security questions - select one or more new security questions and enter your answers.
- Combine your logins - if you have more than one username and password, you can combine these into a single login.
- Suspend your login - if you suspect that your login has been misused, you can temporarily suspend it, or you can temporarily suspend your login if you do not intend to use it for an extended period.
- Delete your login - you can delete your login permanently.