StudyLink's Apply Online tool enables you to apply for a wide range of support from StudyLink to help fund your study. Find out how to apply online.
When to apply
Make your application as soon as possible, and well before your course starts. You can apply before you enrol, and let us know when you have decided on your course of study.
Apply at least 21 days before your course starts, or you may not get paid on time.
If you’re applying for a Student Allowance and your parents' are unsure of their annual income (especially if self-employed) you can apply and give us these details when you have them. Note: you need to provide these details before the end date of your course that you applied for the Student Allowance for.
The online process
- When you apply online, you'll create a login using the RealMe login service, consisting of a username and password. This will create an online account in our system.
- Complete the What You Can Get eligibility questionnaire to find out what kinds of assistance you may be eligible for. This takes about 10 minutes. Remember the questionnaire is not an application.
- At the end of the eligibility questionnaire, you can continue on to Apply.
- You can save your application at any stage, and come back to it later. Your details will only be held for five days. When you click "exit" you'll be prompted to set up an RealMe login if you don't already have one.
- You have not made an application unless you click "submit".
- When you click "submit", StudyLink receives and processes your online application.
- StudyLink sends you a letter about the status of your application, and whether you need to send us any documents or information.
Use your account
If you already have an online account, login using your igovt or RealMe username and password before you apply. Some of your details will pre-fill into your application form.
A note about browsers
To apply online you'll need to be using one of the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
- Firefox 2.0, 3, 3.5
- Safari 3, 4
- Konqueror 3.5.9
We're working on extending StudyLink's Apply Online tool to more browsers, but for now it is not compatible with Opera 9.x. If that's the browser you're using, you'll need to contact us to access StudyLink services.