Terms and Conditions for the “You can’t miss it” MacBook prize draw
By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
- This Competition is for students who apply through StudyLink, the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), for a student loan or student allowance before 16 December 2018. It is to encourage students to apply early and provide their supporting documents on time.
- The Competition will consist of one draw. The winner of the draw will be selected during the following 30 working days after 16 December 2018.
- The promotion is being run by the MSD.
- All students who have applied by 16 December 2018 to StudyLink for either a Student Loan or a Student Allowance are automatically in the competition draw, unless otherwise excluded from participating under these terms and conditions. No separate entry form is required.
- Employees and immediate families of the MSD are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- To be included in the prize draw, the entrants must have applied for their 2019 student allowance and/or student loan, and supplied all required supporting documents for those applications successfully, by 11:59pm on 16 December 2018. One entry per person.
- MSD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
Prize and prize draw:
- The winner will be drawn randomly from the applications of eligible students. The first name drawn will be the winner.
- The Competition prize consists of a 15” Apple MacBook.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
- MSD reserves the right to amend the prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the Competition winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
- The Competition winner will be contacted using the contact details held by MSD. MSD reserves the right to redraw the prize if the winner does not acknowledge receipt or cannot be contacted within one week.
- MSD’s decision regarding the Competition winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The student contact information held by MSD will be used to contact the Competition winner. There are no entry forms.
- The Competition winner must agree to these terms and conditions as a condition of accepting the prize.
- The Competition winner will not be identified in any MSD promotional material.
- MSD and StudyLink will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by an entrant or the winner as a result of or in connection with the competition or due to the prize won in the Competition.
- MSD reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including by extending, postponing, or cancelling the competition.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.