Can’t log in to MyStudyLink
What to do if you have problems logging in to MyStudyLink.
If this isn't your first application for a Student Loan or Student Allowance, you’ll need to use the same login details you used then.
If you've applied online for a Student Loan or Student Allowance before, you'll need to use the same RealMe or igovt username to log in to MyStudyLink to apply again. This is because the RealMe username you've used before is already linked to your StudyLink account.
If you’ve forgotten either or both username and password, you can recover these details.
Before you submit an application
If you’ve started an application and saved this part way through, you need to log in to Apply Online, not MyStudyLink.
After you submit an application
Used a RealMe login to apply
If you used a RealMe login to apply, you won't be able to log in to MyStudyLink until you either:
- send us evidence of your identity - this can take up to 5 working days to process
- set up a RealMe verified identity - when you log in for the first time you’ll be asked to agree to share your identity information with us.
Used a RealMe verified identity to apply
If you used a RealMe verified identity to apply, you won't be able to log in to MyStudyLink until we've processed your application, which can take up to 24 hours.
Check if you have a RealMe verified identity account
If you’ve verified your identity with RealMe, check to make sure your RealMe login has been updated to a verified identity account.
- Go to Login on the top-right corner – select My Verified Account
- Enter your username and password and click 'Login'
- On the ‘Your identity’ section, if there’s a:
- green tick – your identity information has been verified
- orange arrow – your application is in progress
- empty white box – you don’t have a RealMe verified identity.
If you've deleted your RealMe login you'll need to create a new one.
- On the top-right corner, select the option to “Create an account”
- Then select “Create your RealMe login now”
Once you’ve successfully created your RealMe login, you’ll need to call us so we can link your new login to your StudyLink account.
Our online services work on most browsers, but some students experience issues with Google Chrome or Safari. If you are using one of these, try clearing your browser cache and cookies.
To prevent issues, we also recommend using the latest version of:
- Internet Explorer / Edge.