Childcare payments for teacher-only days (5-13 years)
If your child's school has a teacher-only day and you need to work, we may be able to help pay for childcare.
Who can get it
If you're getting before, after-school and holiday care payments for your child and the school is closed for a teacher-only day, we can pay for your child to attend childcare even if you're already getting the maximum hours.
Teacher-only days are when a school is closed to children for the day.
What you need to do
- Complete a Childcare Assistance - Change of circumstances form. Make sure you include:
- your child's name
- the name of the provider
- the date of the teacher-only day
- the total number of hours that your child was in childcare for that week
- the total provider fee that was charged for that week.
- Get your childcare provider to sign the form.
- Log in to Connect and upload your form.