Meet the Student Loan passing requirements
If you've completed 1.6 EFTS, you need to meet the passing requirements to get a Student Loan.
You need to have passed at least half of all the study you've done in the last 5 years (even if you didn't get any help from us).
How to work it out
We work out your study workload by using a measurement called EFTS (Equivalent Full-time Student).
If you don't know how many EFTS you studied, you'll need to contact your education provider.
To work out if you’ve passed, write down:
- the names of all the papers or courses you’ve studied in the last 5 years
- how many EFTS each paper or course was worth
- the total amount of EFTS you studied.
Then write down:
- how many EFTS you passed for each paper or course
- the total amount of EFTS you passed.
If you don’t know how many EFTS you passed for a paper or course, you'll need to contact the education provider that you studied with.
If you’re a Masters, PHD or Doctoral student doing thesis work and you don’t know if you’ve passed, answer “Yes”, unless your course supervisor or provider has indicated that you haven't passed.